Wednesday 7 May 2008

Is it spring yet?

Looks like spring...


















The season is colder than normal ...
but there is colour.
Nemesia and diascia are sheltered some what on the front landing.









'Harvest red' snapdragon showing signs of the first flowers.








Impatiens, including the new Butterfly lavender variety, Hypoestes pink (polka-dot-plant) and Oxalis adenophylla . Plants that don't mind some shade, will happily grow on the wall near the gazebo.





And the verdict is... not sure, looks like a weed.

I believe Ralph Waldo Emerson noted "What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have never been discovered."

7 Gardening or Inspiration:

Momma Val said...

Yeah, you're back! Your planted pots are gorgeous! I am waiting for our stimulus check for some gardening purchases. Can't wait I have wanted a black patio umbrella forever and found one. Then I will also try some container plantings too!

tulipa said...

Hi
What a lovely pictures!!!

Do you like cinema? You are invited to read my comments about movie I have seen this week:

Carell stars as Dan Burns, a widower and father to three girls. Jane (Alison Pill), the oldest, is subdued and desperately ready to drive.
Cara (Brittany Robertson) is overly dramatic and a bit too involved in the boy she’s know for three weeks.
Lilly (Marlene Lawston) is the youngest, the cutest, and possibly the smartest of the three.
Dan’s wife has been gone for four years, and his entire family is ready for him to move on.
During a traditional weekend spent at his parent’s vacation home, Dan meets Marie (Juliette Binoche), possibly the woman of his dreams, who turns out to be dating his brother Mitch (Dane Cook).

Hugs.

A wildlife gardener said...

Lovely pots and tubs with Spring plants ready to burst into bloom :)

MeMeMe said...

wow! happy mother's day gail...

Anonymous said...

Hi Gail,
I added a link from my blog to yours. Hope that is good with you.
I'm sending your Matchbook seeds today.
(((hugs))) Becky

a/k/a Nadine said...

I love the idea of container gardening. Maybe this will be the year I try it...

Anonymous said...

I like that quote, a weed has virtues yet to be discovered . . . so true.

I recently found a nest of baby spiders in My Serenity Garden"