Tuesday 1 April 2008

The garden update





Another Dragonfly...


'YOU and ME' in Purple Primula x tommasinii.
Just a few flowers; notice the nesting flower pattern.





Variegated Silene uniflora below the rock and Primula vulgaris double 'Val Horncastle' to the left of it. I can't wait until they fill in.




Yellow Erysimum (wallflower); one in each pot.
Purple Pansies over wintered well and a Primula wulfeniana sending up one umbel of purple flowers. Snapdragon 'Harvest red' in terracotta pot with wallflower and an Auricula Primrose.



Nemesia, Diascia and a hanging basket of Calibrachoa
wait for a few weeks in the cold frame.





Plants filling in under the tree in the backyard.

7 Gardening or Inspiration:

MeMeMe said...

Good morning Gail, thank you for posting pictures of what's in your garden. You are so lucky to have flowers already! They all look so promising.

I don't expect any blooms til Mother's Day.... (my white azaleas).

india flint said...

hello Dragonfly...thanks for the visit!
best wishes
India (the tumbleweed)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for dropping into my blog.
We do have a lot of things in common, sorry not the gardening. I DO NOT have a green thumb.
It's like fend for yourself at my house.
Hugs Fiona

A wildlife gardener said...

Thank you for introducing youself to my travel blog.

I would like to invite you to my main blog at http://ourlittlecornerofparadise.blogspot.com/ where you will watch a little video of the frogs in one of my ponds :)

I love the title of your blog and this post is lovely with all the interesting containers of plants getting ready to bloom :)

Linda said...

Hi Dragonfly, Thanks for visiting The Gardener Side. I see you are a Canadian blogger too. I loved your idea of adding a trailing plant to my teacup feeder. I'll be giving that a try this year.

MeMeMe said...

Hello Gail, thanks for visiting... yes the purple flower does have five petals and a beautiful white star in the center. It's amazing how God makes it so beautiful. Not a lot of people will notice this flower on the ground that is smaller than a 25c coin!!!!

MeMeMe said...

hi Gail:) just what I did today, yay! I started putting newspapers down - 5 layers - then put some dried leaves on top then rocks on top of the dried leaves. Will this work on the poison ivy though?

>> thanks for telling me why not to use roundup...
Jeannie