Tuesday 6 May 2008

I've got mail!

Yesterday I received my order from the Cook's Garden.('Garden Peach' tomatoe should be here shortly) Among the seed packs of organic 'Green Zebra' tomatoe and lettuce 'Reine des Glaces' was Four-Season Harvest by Eliot Coleman.

Just reading the first chapter I was inspired to try more fall plantings this year. Lettuce 'Reine des Glaces', maybe 'Winter Density' lettuce, some spinach and possibly more broccoli. (will see how the broccoli does in the pot this summer.)

The Cook's Garden has many varieties of fall and winter harvest vegetable as does West Coast Seeds; so many prospects.

3 Gardening or Inspiration:

A wildlife gardener said...

Isn't it wonderful how we can be excited by seeds which will grow to feed us? There is nothing quite so satisfying than eating the fruits of ones labour :)

a friend said...

Thanks Becky for the info and your gracious unexpected gift.

Wildlife gardener, please pass on the excitement. We all should be so fortunate as to have the opportunity to harvest fresh grown produce. (it really does taste better)

Anonymous said...

Hello a friend ,
I must say, that is one cute gardener on the book cover there!

I will post about the Matchbook Seeds, thanks for asking about them, and I'd like to send one to you if you'll email your address to me.

~Becky

PS: Thank you! I got your address and the Matchbook seeds are in the mail today.
(((hugs))) Becky