Thursday 15 November 2007

Could we all GIVE more?

Christmas is soon approaching ... we need to remember to GIVE in the hope of empowering others to improve their lives.
That little bit we give may help just one. If more people just helped ONE person
think of how many lives we could improve! There are many ways to GIVE, volunteering your time or money is great. We also need to encourage self reliance, LISTEN MORE - talk less, support ideas and pass on a skill / knowledge.
Empowering people to be self reliant is one of the greatest gifts! That I think, is what we all hope to pass on to our children. If we took the time in our busy lives to stop for a moment and just listen, what a difference that would make. Supporting each other and teaching others what we know strengthens our future generations.

1 Gardening or Inspiration:

MeMeMe said...

hello there, got your message. I think your children are blessed to have you. check this out www.ancopusa.org or www.gawadkalinga.org. It's non profit group in the Philippines helping the poorest of the poor by housing them and teaching them livelihood skills. When the poor are sheltered, it gives them so much of that dignity they never had, and it empowers them to do better for themselves. I've been to one of these houses. met a poor man, he extended his hand to me and my husband when my father introduced us. He was dressed like a poor man but his soul is so grounded, he has left such an impression on me.... anyway. sorry to hear about your blender. Do you have a food processor? My husband gave me a Cuisinart one last year. It helped so much in making baby food, and crushing ice too, although i did not crush enough ice to know for sure if it's a good tool for smoothies. HAPPY HOLIDAYS