Thursday 8 November 2007

My tools for organizing


Fitting a toddler bedroom in a corner of our Master suite. ( hopefully not for too much longer.)


Baskets for toddler/preschool books under the coffee table in the living room.


Tackle boxes for small organizing jobs, put up high on an armoire away from little fingers.


Polly pocket and horse accessories work well
in these tackle boxes.




Divide light brite pieces by colour. Organize a sewing kit. Arrange Lego in large and small divided boxes.




Our daughter's Duplo bus (now passed down to her brother) comes with a cover to keep dust out. The cover also has grooves to accommodate the wheels. (for times when you don't want the bus to move.) The two green play mats are removable as well.

On a Horticultural note: My spider plant (Cholorphytum comosum) has a baby!


Family room toy storage.
IKEA cupboards are great!
They can hide a lot of the mess.
Wheeled storage works well for Thomas train pieces and car tracks. Note the handy IKEA stool near by.





Dining room hutch : books,craft supplies and playdoh storage. Only one drawer actually holds kitchen towels etc.

7 Gardening or Inspiration:

MeMeMe said...

wow. You're good. The books are so well organized and yes you did the right thing with the way you store your lego and other pieces. Do you know that I subscribed to ORGANIZE as soon as I read about it in your blog?

MeMeMe said...

By the way, I have an aunt in Vancouver who has been nannying for years, and then I know she also works in a pre-school now, not sure if she did day care. She could have. Are you close to North Vancouver?

a friend said...

I am 45km east from Vancouver. North Vancouver is maybe another 5km north from Vancouver.

MeMeMe said...

I love your dining room hutch. any chance you know my aunt Melanie Paulin?

a friend said...

That name doesn't sound familiar. I did live in North Van in the early 90's, but did not provide Daycare at that time. (I managed an apartment building then.)

Momma Val said...

Yeah, I found your blog and you organize too. Weee! I'm sorry I hadn't come sooner but when I first read your comment it just said a friend and I thought it was anonymous. Thank God for the few brain cells I still have, I was able to click on your name and go to your blog. Looks/sounds pretty cool (only read 2 though for now). Gosh isn't it pretty cold up there in Canada right now?

a friend said...

The weather is below normal for this time of year.(usually t-shirt weather by now) It's zone 8 here, for crying out loud.
We usually only get a bit of snow before or after Christmas, then it's gone.(usually rains) This year there was even a light snow on March 21st. (Crazy West Coast weather!) I would like it warmer but, at least there's not as much rain.